20 - 40 Years of Age
Recommended Screening & Prevention
- Have your blood pressure checked yearly
- Tetanus shot every 10 years
- Dental checks and cleaning every 6 months
- Brush your teeth and floss twice daily
- BMI check yearly
- Influenza vaccine yearly
- If you have high blood pressure you should be screened for diabetes & have your kidneys screened yearly. You should take blood pressure medications to control your blood pressure and protect your kidneys.
- If you are overweight, have a family history of heart attack or stroke in an immediate family member younger than age 60, if you have signs of high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes, you should have your cholesterol and fasting blood sugar checked.
- Take 1mg of Folic Acid every day to prevent Neural Tube Defects if you are sexually active
- Pap Smears – every 3 years (after 3 normal results in a row). If previous abnormal, must have done at least yearly
- Get tested for sexually transmitted infections if you have had a new partner or if you have more than one partner
- Discuss HPV vaccine with your health care provider to see if it would benefit you
- If you were Gestational Diabetic during any pregnancy you should be screened at least every 2 years